Wednesday 11 August 2010

Carry your bag sir?

Carry your bag sir?
Does anyone need a groom or an extra pair of hands at Blenheim, Burghley, WEG or any other event for that matter?

It's been a very long time since I worked as groom or pupil, or mucked out for that matter, but having recently sold my business I find myself with a fair bit of spare time on my hands over the next few months, so in between riding, blogging, annoying the wife and helping out with the children, I thought why not "see how others do it" [eventing that is], I should actually end up learning something that will help me with my own horse.



I can't plait!
A few times over the last ten years I've helped out a few other eventers at competition and I find it very interesting to see how others do 'their thing', not so much how they bandage a leg, but more the little things that nobody really talks about, like do you they leave their horse tacked up between phases, how much warm up do they do, is there any mental prep they do before each phase. The smallest details can turn in out to be very useful tips.

By the way, did I mention I can't plait!

No comments:

Post a Comment