Thursday 13 October 2011

Pau CCI**** | The Beginning & The End


Pau CCI**** gets underway today with the first horse inspection shortly before 1PM local time. I had originally though I might miss both this and some of the dressage, but I should make it to Pau in time for a sunny afternoon walk the around the cross country course before the competition begins in earnest with tomorrow's dressage.

There are riders from 17 nations in the mix, with the largest contingents being sent from France and Great Britain, but as with any of these European top flight events, very strong entries from UK based Aussie's, Kiwis, not forgetting a handful of Germans, all keen to make use of double points on offer for the HSBC Classics Series.



Personally I'm very pleased to see two of my favourite horses on the circuit competing here, Armada & Mr Cruise Control, both from the unstoppable Nicholson stable.


Sat here in London's smallest airport (London City), I'm already getting excited about spending a few days in Pau, and not having to worry about children, nappies, buggies, moving abroad, house hunting, and most importantly work! It's just me, my laptop and camera, and what promises to be a fabulous week for taking photos, sun, good company and a thrilling finale to the premier league in Europe.

More when I get to Pau.......

Here's the Timetable: (GMT+1)

8.30 – 11.15 am Dressage CIC ** Main arena
11.30 – 12.55 am First CCI**** Horse inspection Main arena
12.00 – 1.00 pm Sale preview of competition horses, loose school presentation with video making Ring of Avrincourt
1.30 – 5.30 pm Dressage CIC ** Main arena


PAU WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment