Thursday 13 October 2011

Pau Is Where It's At

Mary King & Apache Sauce
I've literally only just arrived at Pau CCI**** in South West France, after a short detour following endless yellow signs for "The Stars Of Pau", and finally giving in and phoning the press office, who beyond the call of duty came out to find me and lead me by the nose to the entrance, which incidently I would never have found under my own steam. I even had trouble finding the media centre. I did manage to find the lorry park, the warm up area, a bunch of friendly Aussie riders from back home, and one of the central stars of this year's event, Mary King, out on Apache Sauce.



Segway | Transport of Choice
The plane on the way over was full to the gills with owners, supporters and general eventing fans, plus a certain Press Officer from Badminton, Julian Seaman, who is helping out here for the week, and is making me work for my accreditation by holding pre-Badminton meetings with some of the representatives from HSBC. Nothing like early planning!

Even though we have great weather here, this event has a great end of summer feel, where everyone is relaxed, smiling, tanned, soaking up the atmosphere, and plenty are zipping around on Segways. This is shaping up to be a good week.

Anyhow, now that I've managed to find my base for the week, I'm off to get my bearings, some photos, and see what's generally happening, before getting a guided course walk with a few of the riders.

I'm so excited I can't think straight!

More from Pau very soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment